Saturday, March 3, 2018

Three scribbles in Kansas

There is no connection between these three drawings, except that they may be done with the same pen in the same pad. And the attached text was written at separate times as well, so it may not connect very well either. But each has a specific quality that seems to me to be attractive. I hope you like them...


The guy got a bit self conscious after a bit. As you can see, it was a pretty quick drawing. And he shifted positions so I was not seeing exactly the same image. That's a good test of your memory and experience.


The weather had not changed yet; it was warm and I was trying to get some walking before it did. This is the "trail" on the south of Baker Wetlands that borders the Wakarusa River woods. Even before the early freezes, these guys were looking a bit haggard; now their leathery leaves dry and beaten by the wind provide a light gray contrast to the darker brown of the stems. The stems are sometimes over an inch across and they are perfectly square. The remainder of the dry leaves wrap completely around all 4 corners of the stems.
This is the only full page drawing of these three.

Amos is a big dog. He used to "woof woof woof" at us about 3 octaves below middle C-whenever we came to see the kids. He is all bone and black fur.
The spell check on my computer has been so polluted by my poor spelling that it has given up. I have to wait until I actually copy the text to the blog before I can see all the spelling errors.  And sometimes then I still miss some.
And sometimes I repost stuff by accident.




No comments:

Post a Comment