Monday, March 12, 2018

Browns Chapel, Macon County, Georgia

Three ink drawings of Browns Chapel, that were all done within an hour on a walk at MGH's. It was a sunny Georgia day...
I have posted another drawing or two in years past from the same churchyard, with the cemetery behind.
Here is the 2nd of two done while walking up the drive.

Imagine the stories hidden in the shadow of this steeple. To a Midwestern white boy like me it is almost incomprehensible. 

This is a bit farther back on the road than the previous drawing.  And this first attempt of the day helped give me a visual impression of the front area of the original building.

And now the 3rd drawing I did on that morning walk.  Another study of some of the shadow cast by the steeple and shadow on the north addition.
By this time I had made it up the road to the parking area. I never made it past this point so there are no new drawings of the cemetery.    There was a 4th quick sketch from the county road that some how never got photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment