Sunday, July 8, 2018


Decided to do a couple Spiderwort from memory. That did not turn out so well, even though the drawing  is ok .   Although I had a good idea in my head of what I was aiming for, I found that it was much easier if I had something to look at while drawing. Otherwise it took me repeated roughs to get to a workable image. The top one was done mostly from memory, and the bottom one was done from a previously drawn flower.

But this one is more what I was looking for. Not only did I use an earlier study as a reference, I also used a photo or 2 as well. Is that cheating??   Actually, the photos greatly aid the memory when looking for just the right shape or angle. But only when you are working in the studio, away from the actual subject. Which is sometimes necessary if you are sitting in the sun and the sweat is running into your eyes, or your back is beginning to ache from holding one position way too long.




No comments:

Post a Comment