Monday, December 11, 2017

Long-legs and hydrants

                     Here is another couple drawings I promised. These are the other type of hydrants you see in Lawrence. The Waterous castings hail from St. Paul. As you can imagine, in Minnesota you see little else, at least in the newer areas.                                                                                                                        It is done in pencil in a 9 x 12 inch format. The one below is pencil as well but 5 x 9" format
                     This top one I drew while listening to KU get beat at football on the 9th of September. I was sitting on an empty street east of our place. I was sitting on a chair across the street from the truck, with the truck door open and the radio blaring   Now KU is just getting beat at basketball...    
                             

              In the comments on "the Mueler" posted 10/17/17 I made a mistake.
              That one was a drawing done, well,  I am not really sure where. But the hydrant in both these drawings is the one sitting on Shannon's lot; and I remember the granddaddy longlegs walking over the top of it while I was drawing.  You can barely see him in the drawing, 'cause he's not moving!  
                   I will try to post yet another hydrant drawing tomorrow. My last such for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment